Sharpening shears for hair salons has never been easier or more exact than than with the all USA made Scimech HD scissor sharpening flathone machine. (Note New Groomer Upgrade additional $300 for those who plan to sharpen long left handed grooming shears. Learn more!)
The Scimech has features that no other sharpening equipment can boast.
- The Scimech is small Sharpen in the tightest location in the busiest most crowded salon. 17 lbs. About the size and weight of a bowling ball. We recommend sharpening inside the salons and groomer locations. Stylists trust sharpeners who always have their shears on the premises. It is easy to set up and sharpen quickly in even the busiest and most crowded salon.
- The Scimech is strong You have the torque to sharpen at slow speeds with consistent power and the speed to create a mirror polish on a scissor blade. Low vibration. Super quiet. The all stainless steel chassis makes this machine a workhorse that will last for decades. The clamping system is strong too. Drop it. Step on it. Your clamp stays true.
- The Scimech is versatile Rotate the flathone to the position that suits you best. Change your mind tomorrow! Give your shoulder and elbow a rest. You can stand or sit with total comfort in any position. Other equipment offer only the option of standing or sitting on a tall stool in a hunched over position. In addition you can sharpen shears together or taken apart due to the design of the clamp. The longer arm and removeable spatter guard makes it easy to sharpen very long groomer shears. Left handed shears are no problem with a reversal of the removeable spatter guard you are ready for the lefty handed shears. If you are wanting to follow the 800 mm radius of a blade as well as shears with 500 mm radii or 1200 mm radii or any shape blade, it is intuitive and built-in to create this. You will not be locked in to a machine that only has the one radius.
- The Scimech is simple to use. Learn to sharpen quickly with little mechanical skills. Set up in a salon setting takes seconds and the clamping system is easy and accurate. Whether you are right handed or left handed, using the Scimech takes a very short learning curve because of it’s easy of use. Most people learn to use the equipment in a few hours training. People with physical handicaps find sharpening with the Scimech is easy since the weight of the shears carried by the arm and the clamp.
- The Scimech is dependable and precise. The accuracy of the clamp, grinder plate and other components are within a .010 tolerance. This is equivalent to NASA specs. The adjustable dial detant allows the sharpener to fine tune an angle which is important in the polishing feature. Although there have been minor changes and improvements through the decades from suggestions by sharpeners, the Scimech is essentially the same as the first one produced in 1999. Sharpeners who purchased them that year are still using them in their everyday businesses. These are strong, sturdy, heavy duty power work horses of machines. Delicate work, but NOT delicate equipment!
The Scimech includes the following items:
- The Scimech HD Scissor Flat Hone (newly improved and updated in 2019)
- The Ergonomic Scimech Convexing and beveling Clamp (jig or scissor holder) for both lefty and right handed shears to be used with shears together or apart and upgraded detant feature.
- 2 convexing plates (metal plate with cushion and velcro top)
- 2 beveling plates (metal plate with velcro top)
- 1 plate with a felt polishing pad
- 21 assorted honing paper
- LED Light
- All new training 4 hour Scimech HD video library
Additional supplies are included with the hands on training.
International contacts, please email us with the voltage and electrical requirements for your country. There are additional charges for wiring the Scimech for overseas operation.
A full information brochure may be downloaded for free with the information package. Click here to be directed to the download.
Scimech Comparison of Shear Sharpening Flathone Equipment
See how the new Scimech HD compares to the original Scimech. T...
How to Sharpen a Bevel Edge Shear on the Scimech
How to Sharpen beveled edge scissors on the Scimech Flathone a...
Sharpening Left-handed Scissors on a Scimech
Learn how to sharpen lefties and left-handed scissors and shea...
Why the Scimech HD is Recommended for Sharpening Beauty Shears
Why does Bonika Shears recommend the Scimech Scissors Flathone...
See what to expect with private sharpening training at the Bon...