Sharpening Jam May 4-6, 2019 Sharpening Convention
The Sharpeners Jam is the oldest sharpeners event / training seminar in the country. Most of the sharpening seminars and vendor room are free to everyone. Small private workshops are extra.
Both new and experienced shears, scissors and clipper blade sharpeners will enjoy the networking and learning that brings sharpeners from all over the world. The Sharpeners Jam is hosted by Bonika Shears but other sharpening equipment products and shears will be represented. ALL are welcome regardless of their choice of sharpening equipment!
Sunday and Monday are free. There will be presentations by each of the sharpeners to compete for the best idea. Suggestions can be shared on sharpening, organization, business or anything sharpening business related. The winner will receive a prize. (Watch Previous Years Ideas) Free Presentations include: Jim O-Donnell - On the Edge Newsletter "Sharp War: Hammering vs Bending." Also Bonnie Megowan - Bonika Shears "How to Sharpen the New Style Dry/Wet Slide-cut Shears" and Ron DeWitt (Top sales USA sales in 2018 for shears) "How to Create a Business Plan for your Sharpening Business." There will also be additional sharpening demonstrations and presentations on Sunday and Monday.
The best deal is the Sharpeners Jam VIP packages which gives you
- Two Saturday sharpening workshops -$299.00 VIP pkge or Three Saturday workshops - $399.00 VIP+ package.
- Lunches for Saturday and Sunday
- Entry to the presentations and vendor room on Sunday and Monday
- Sharp-Wars T-Shirt (please put your Tshirt size in comments. T-Shirt will be sent before the Jam if you pay the shipping or include with a regular order.)
- Saturday night dinner at the Stone Mountain Laser Show.* All for $299.00.
Saturday Sharpening Classes and Workshops
Morning 8 AM – 11 AM
- BM-SHEARS Shear Sharpening Edgework Bonnie Megowan of Bonika Shears - Atlanta Instructor: Learn the nuances of creating a great edge on convex shears. Get special instructions on sharpening the new ocean slidecutting shears. This class is good for both advanced and beginner. Get a certificate of training and approved sharpener certificate for sharpening the Ocean shears. For the most benefit bring your own flathone sharpening equipment or pre-arrange to borrow one at the event. Sharpening equipment is not a requirement of the class. 10 per class
- JT-SURGICAL Introduction to Sharpening Surgical Tools for Vets and Small Clinics. Jim Turner of Shear Magic, Gaffney, SC Instructor. Learn basic surgical sharpening using your flathone and a dremel tool. You will learn some hands-on sharpening you can use in the small clinic and veterinary office. For the most benefit bring your own flathone sharpening equipment or pre-arrange to borrow one at the event. Sharpening equipment is not a requirement of the class. 10 per class
- JA-BlLADES2 What To do When the Blade Won't Cut. Jeff Andrews - Northern Tails- Mobile, AL Instructor. Learn how to correctly diagnosis all types of clipper blades and learn why a blade might not be cutting correctly and how to fix it. As space permits
Lunch – provided for instructors and VIP
Afternoon 11:30 AM – 3 PM
- BM-THINNERS Sharpening Thinners and Texturizers. Bonnie Megowan - Bonika Shears Instructor. Learn the secrets of correctly sharpening some of the most difficult of all types of shears to sharpen. Get specific instructions on sharpening the Ocean Wave Texturizers. Receive an approved sharpener certificate for sharpening the Wave texturizers. For the most benefit bring your own flathone sharpening equipment or pre-arrange to borrow one at the event. Sharpening equipment is not a requirement of the class. 10 per class
- GM-SELL How to sell shears to hair salons. Gene Megowan of Bonika Shears - Atlanta Instructor. Interactive role playing and sales training. Includes 3 Bonika shears, 3 cases, 25 brochures, and other literature (over $150.00 WHOLESALE VALUE, resale value $300.00) as space permits
- EP-BLADES1 Sharpening Clipper Blades. Jason Sturm and Brandon Smart of the Edge Pro Instructors. This is a refresher or introductory class on sharpening clipper blades. Sharpening will be done on the Nebraska Blade Clipper Hone. As space permits
Late Afternoon 3:30 PM – 6-30 PM
- JO-RESTORE Restoration Shear Sharpening Jim O'Donnell - On the Edge Newsletter - Spartanburg, SC. Learn the easy method of re-convexing and repairing scissors and shears previously beveled and with an absent rideline. All work done with equipment you probably already own. For the most benefit bring your own flathone sharpening equipment or pre-arrange to borrow one at the event. Sharpening equipment is not a requirement of the class. 10 per class
- JA-GROOM Sharpening Scissors for Groomers. Jeff Andrews - Northern Tails Sharpener & Groomer, Mobile, AL Instructor. Learn when less is more when sharpening for groomers. Learn how to quickly sharpen long shears, cheap scissors and curve scissors on the flathone and make more money. For the most benefit bring your own flathone sharpening equipment or pre-arrange to borrow one at the event. Sharpening equipment is not a requirement of the class. 10 per class
- OVERFLOW REPEAT CLASS as needed
Leave for Laser Show 6:45 PM – CARPOOL
Sunday and Monday Presenters FREE
Sunday presenter - YOU! Sharpeners will each share a idea, a hack, a concept, a trick that has helped them in their business. (no sales presentations)
Other presentations are in the works and negotiation.... stay tuned. They'll be good!
Friday or Tuesday Private Sharpening Class please inquire
Saturday Night Entertainment
Please join us as for the outdoor Laser Show at Stone Mountain. * Includes special comfortable Dinner Terrace Seating, a buffet dinner, unlimited popcorn, a drink, a glow item and networking with sharpener friends. Wear your Sharp Wars Tshirt! Your whole family is invited, kids will LOVE this. $50 per person (one included in VIP packages)
*Laser show is an out door event and subject to change based on weather.
Sharpeners Jam Reviews Youtube
Best Western Plus special "Bonika Shears" rate of $99 per King size bed, $109.00 for two Queen beds. Includes breakfast, free wi-fi and 24 hour ATL airport shuttle. Bar on premises and I-Hop and other restaurants in walking distance. 301 N Central Ave, Hapeville, GA 30354 Phone: (404) 763-8777 Tell them you are with the Bonika Sharpeners Jam.
List is in process. Expected vendors are: Bonika Shears, Nebraska Blades, Jaguar Shears, Nina Inc, EdgePro, ProLine, Sharp Edges, Hanako Scissors, H42, Finetech, RX Hone. More will be added. If you are interested in becoming a vendor please contact us.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Free parking at the hotel, free airport shuttle
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Call Bonika Shears at 770-972-4332. (After hours cell phone 404-849-8343)
What's the refund policy?
No refunds after March 26. Partial refunds before this date available, please inquire.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, we know you are coming
Can I update my registration information?
Yes. Call 770-972-4332 or email with changes firstname.lastname@example.org
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Yes. Please inform us so we can have name badges ready.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
Yes. Please inform us so we can have name badges ready.
What about children?
Children are welcome at no charge but must remain under your supervision. There is a charge for the Top Gold event.
Is Hapeville near Atlanta?
Hapeville is where the Atlanta airport is. Yes, it is considered part of Atlanta.