Curve shears are easy to sharpen on a flat hone type system. Those comfortable free handing these shears should always strive to keep the point up in the air and follow the angle as it curves around, slighlty rocking the shears up so that they touch the surface. Several sharpeners have been cut severly by improperly sharpening these shears. Using a cushioned rather than a flat plate can make this work safer.
We recommend using a clamp when sharpening curve shears. If they are a bevel edge a demonstration is done on 2007 Jam Session and a convex curve shear is sharpened on Scary Scissors DVD.
If you are using a local sharpener, ask for their training, background a references before you give them these shears even if they have sharpened other shears for you in the past.
Bonika Lifetime Warranty Details
Satisfaction Guarantee Details
Come "test drive" our shears at the following upcoming shows:
- New York IBS April 14-16, 2013>
- Premiere Orlando June 1-3, 2013
Bonika has world-wide distribution as well as recommended sharpeners and authorized warranty centers.
US and Canadian customers type your zipcode or city and state to find distributors, warranty centers and sharpeners in your area.
Sharpening and Distributors in Europe
- Ireland: Precision Edges, No 2 College Farm Park, Roseberry, Newbridge, Co Kildare, Republic Of Ireland, Contact no:00353 861946180, Landline :00353 45436281, email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greece: DAFNIS SA, 25HS MARTIOY str. 116, 121 32 PERISTERI, ATHENS GREECE
- Britain, Finland, Cyprus and others please inquire
- Warranty and distribution centers also located in Oceania and South America
USA Location and Home Office in Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Scissor Mechanic, LLC dba Bonika Shears
2385 Clower St. STE C, Snellville, GA 30078
Phone 770-972-4332, toll free: 1-888-290-3393 FAX 770-972-4330
Copyright 2013. All rights reserved
Accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 2003. Check our rating!