2018 Model NEW and Improved. Bonika Shears recommends the Scimech Flathone for sharpening their shears. Why? Because it is the best machine on the market for the sharpeners to recreate the original edge. Bonika Shears and other quality shears perform better year after year when sharpened correctly on a Scimech. No other machine does a better job for the stylist. This is why shear sharpeners who use Scimech sharpening machines become warranty centers for Bonika Shears. (UPC 637665746501)
What's New with the Scimech HD Model?
- New graphics
- Smoother Arm with greater stabilization, longer to accomodate longer shears
- Clamp improvement with a hgher space for larger shears
- Quieter with Less Vibration due to a heavier all stainless steel chasis
- 25% more accurate numbered angle settings on the clamp
- Larger dial detant with easier adjustments of angle increases when polishing
- Improved tolerences for the grinder plate and other components to a .010mm tolerence (same as NASA specs)
- Lower blade stop on the clamp to make sharpening with blades together easier.
What's the same as the Original Scimech?
- The Scimech is small Sharpen in the tightest location in the busiest most crowded salon. 17 lbs. About the size and weight of a bowling ball.
- The Scimech is strong You have the torque to sharpen at slow speeds with consistent power and the speed to create a mirror polish on a scissor blade. Low vibration. Super quiet.
- The Scimech is versatile Rotate the flathone to the position that suits you best. Change your mind tomorrow! Give your shoulder and elbow a rest. You can stand or sit with total comfort in any position. Other equipment offer only the option of standing or sitting on a tall stool in a hunched over position.
- The Scimech is simple to use. Learn to sharpen quickly with little mechanical skills. Set up in a salon setting takes seconds and the clamping system is easy and accurate.
- The Scimech is dependable. The first Scimech made two decades ago is still in use. These are strong, sturdy, heavy duty power work horses of machines. Delicate work, but NOT delicate equipment!
A word about our clamping devise to hold scissors. The Scimech fixture or jig for holding scissors can sharpen both left and right handed shears with almost no adjustment to your equipment. It will rotate through the entire face of the blade for a correct convexing and precise repeatable angle position. There is no weight on your hand since the clamp and shear rest on the arm and you merely rotate the blade. Both right handed and left handed sharpeners can use the clamp with ease. Any length shear can be sharpened. You can sharpen with the shears together or apart. It allows you to sharpen every radius not just the 800mm radius.
The Scimech includes the following items:
- The Scimech HD Scissor Flat Hone (newly improved and updated in 2018)
- The Ergonomic Scimech Convexing and beveling Clamp (jig or scissor holder) for both lefty and right handed shears to be used with shears together or apart
- 2 convexing plates (metal plate with cushion and velcro top)
- 2 beveling plates (metal plate with velcro top)
- 1 plate with a felt polishing pad
- 21 assorted honing paper
- LED Light
- All new training 4 hour Scimech HD video library
Additional supplies are included with the hands on training.
International contacts, please email us with the voltage and electrical requirements for your country. There are additional charges for wiring the Scimech for overseas operation.
A full information brochure may be downloaded for free with the information package. Click here to be directed to the download. Call us at 770-972-4332 with your questions.