Bonnie Megowan walks the experienced shear sharpener through various "scary scissors" or hard to sharpen shears. This was the feature presentation at the Bonika Shears hosted Sharpeners Jam in 2009. This 50 minute, closely edited DVD (shot with two cameras) includes sharpening instruction in the following:
- Titanium coated scissors
- Lefty shears
- Serrated Edge Shears and those with a "Bonika Tip"
- Curved Shears
- Cheaply made scissors
- Fishbone and Sword Edge shears
- Texturizers including the Rusk Alpha Blade, the Bonika Wisper T14 and others
- Double Edge Shears including the Croc-A-Dial
- K Blade shears like the Joewell K models
- Yasaka Shears and other 2 piece shears
- EDT scissors
- Shoto Shears
- Spring Hopper Shears
- Eickert triple scissors and other stacked scissors
- and a multitude of weird pivot screws
- Audience participation and many closeup shots. This is appropriate for the advanced sharpener.
Purchase the DVD or go to Vimeo to download immediately to your computer, tablet or phone. https://vimeo.com/ondemand/scaryscissors
Click here to watch Scary Scissors with Bonnie Megowan on Vimeo.