Learn how to sharpen shears from award winning shear expert Bonnie Megowan. You will be amazed at how easy it is to learn this lucrative and rewarding skill.
Scissor sharpening training is available on any flat hone type sharpening equipment, although the Scimech Scissor FlatHone is our specialty. The scissor sharpening training school instruction will be customized to your learning style, skill level, experience and concerns. Because of the simplicity of the Scimech clamp, the instruction level of our video and our systematic teaching system, you will learn in just eight hours. That short learning time can be verified by talking to the many sharpeners we've trained in our scissor sharpening class. If you feel you need more training, you may stay for as long as you like and practice on our shears, work with us in the field as we sharpen, come back later and practice or work in the field all at no additional charge. We also highly recommend our various tune-up clinics held throughout the year even if you are sharpening successfully. Look for additional advanced sharpening classes and seminars.
What You Will Learn in Scissor Sharpening School
1. Operation and care of the Scimech Scissors Flat Hone
2. Basic shear knowledge and terminology
3. How to determine the correct angle
4. Convex sharpening and bevel edge sharpening
5. Repair of bumpers and scissor mechanics
6. How to sharpen specialty shears, thinners, knives, nippers and more
7. Marketing tips and suggestions
You Will Receive Free with Your Scissor Sharpening Training School
1. Training manual and articles.
2. Additional articles and information
3. Factory certification diploma
4. Free listing for twelve months on the Bonika Shears website (with purchase of Bonika Shears sample package )
5. Special pricing on a Bonika Shears sample package
6. Over $150 worth of additional supplies including a water stone, practice shears, scissor pliers, scissor repair parts, polish and more (with purchase of a Scimech Machine )
7. Affiliation as a Bonika Warranty center for repair of Bonika Shears and other lines of shears we private label. (If you purchase or own a Scimech Machine )
8. Two additional advanced DVD
Scissor Sharpening School Location Typically the sharpening training is held at the Bonika Shears office in
Snellville, GA (just outside Atlanta.)
Shear sharpening training classes can be done at your location with special arrangement. On-site scissor sharpening training classes would have an extra $150.00 per travel day cost plus all travel expenses for the trainer. Additional person during the scissor sharpening training observing is at no charge. If they want hands-on scissor sharpening training, additional cost is $300.00
When you order this scissor sharpening class,we will send you the 101 DVD set to watch before you come. Also please watch the Youtube videos at this site before you come.
View our hair show calendar to help in your class date selection http://www.bonika.com/hair-shows-beauty-shows-seminars-and-classes/
Posted by William Hillyer on 13th Aug 2013
Thank you to the Bonika family for your hospitality and frienship
during my training the past couple of days. I feel I have gained
a basic knowledge that I can build into a good career in sharpening
and sales of your fine products. Also, thank you for the fish symbol
used as your trademark. It has been used by Christians before the times
of Christ to identify our faith and today sets a standard of behavior and
expectations from businesses that use the symbol. Your family is a asset
and model for others to follow.
Posted by Marty Hjortland on 13th Aug 2013
Thank you for the wonderful experience at your headquarters. The training was very professional and in a comfortable setting. I am anxious to get my machines and start putting into practice what I have learned, thank you so much.