Shear / Scissors sharpening class / school in New Orleans
Friday March 29, 2019
How many beauty shops are in your area? Did you know that beauty shear sharpeners can earn a serious income? Work full or part-time and earn over $200.00 per day. Stylist pay immediately $20 to $30 per shear with cash and credit card. They have an average of 4 shears sharpened two to three times per year and buy more shears from their sharpeners. This is a one person business opportunity with little or no overhead and very low start-up cost. Travel and set-up inside the beauty salons, no need to buy a van.
Learn to sharpen in a small group setting. Limited to 4 students!
Class is $400.00 each
Comfort Inn New Orleans Airport
This class is the basics of sharpening. Great for the first time sharpening or as a review or refresher. 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Taught by Bonnie Megowan of Bonika Shears.
- The basics of shear sharpening on a flathone
- Learn how to recognize a bevel and convex edge
- Understanding the rideline, it's significance and how to address it
- Discussion of alignment and pivot screw adjustment
- Angle selection and customizing the edge for your client
- Convex Shear Sharpening demonstration and practice
- Beveled edge shear sharpening demonstration
- PVD coated shears
- Thinning shears and texturizers
- Repair and correction of other sharpening
- Trouble shooting
- Hands-on practice
- Marketing and setting up your route (Gene Megowan)
Do I need equipment to sharpen on?
You will need some type of flathone machine for sharpening shears. If you need to purchase a machine, the machine we recommend is the Scimech Flathone You may wait until after the class to decide if you wish to purchase the Scimech, but we need to know if you need us to bring a machine. The Scimech and additional supplies will run approximately $3800.00. However, most people start out with an inventory of shears to sell which is not required.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
The tickets are non-refundable but transferrable.
What is the refund policy?
The tickets are non-refundable but transferable to another person or another time.
Can I bring someone?
If the extra person is there to observe, they are welcome at no charge.If they are coming and want hands-on training, the second person is half price if there is room in the class.