Bonika Fishbone Shear.
This is the ORIGINAL!
Fall in love with a shear again! Texture is what this shear is about inside and out. The strange fishbone razorback type spine on the blade exposes the cutting edge of the blade when the shear is closed allowing the shear to perform in a razor like fashion for slithering and fringing particularly around the face. This will not be as aggressive as a razor, but will create softer textures, different with each side of the blade. The open shear has gently curving blades which allows for more movement when slicing and point cutting. These are the features of what the shear does, this is how we designed the shear to do these things...
- Special razor guard spine for slithering
- Japanese cobalt alloy steel ATS314 fully forged
- Ergonomically designed butterfly bent thumb hole and comfortable fixed finger rest
- Sword edge type edge. Note to sharpeners... this is a 60 degree angle not a typical 45 degree
- Special design screw to allow the blades to lay closer together to prevent hair snags
- Includes life time warranty and accidental damage policy
- Includes a free case
Yancey Edwards says, "This shear is the BOMB! Don't try to think of it as a shear or as a razor .. it's something entirely different. You use it in addition to your shear and razor." Featured on TV...Oxygen Channel new reality show for hairtyling competition Tease Also Item is featured on this DVD Carribbean Quick Cuts
- Note: there are other shears called "Fishbone" of inferior material and workmanship. They will not cut like the Original Bonika Fishbone.Additional note. These shears do not cut like a regular shear or a regular razor, they are a hybrid. They are designed for slithering not straight cutting and the razor with a thin shear blade, not a razor blade which will not cut as deep or as quick as a razor leaving more texture and wispy without wimpy even in fine hair.